2018 MANSER MEDAL
FOR EUROPE’S BEST ONE-OFF HOUSE
designed by a registered architect and completed in the past three years
To ensure the spirit and legacy of the Medal endures, certain amendments to the entry qualification criteria have been made for 2018:
- for new built houses to bespoke commission only
- House transformations/renovations/refurbishments /conversions excluded
- Contract value below £1.5m
- For practices formed since 2000
- For projects within the U.K. or Europe
- For houses by any designer/architect; not exclusive to RIBA members
The 2018 Manser Medal will be presented as part of The Sunday Times British Homes Awards and the candidate schemes for the Medal will be selected from those entries of merit from the two British Homes Awards categories for one-off house design: small house of the year (up to 2,500 sq.ft.) and large house of the year (above 2,500 sq.ft.) that adhere to the above qualification criteria.
Submissions for these two categories should be made online at www.britishhomesawards.co.uk with no limit to how many schemes may be entered. Initially all entries will be assessed on the basis of the online submission. The long list will then be visited by the judges to determine the winner and The Medal will be presented at a luncheon at the London Marriott, Grosvenor Square on Thursday 20 September.
Closing date for receipt of entries: Thursday 10 May 2018
Initially all entries will be assessed on the basis of the online submission. The long list will then be visited by the judges to determine the winner.
Before you enter, please ensure you have the following details to hand:
- FULL POSTAL ADDRESS OF HOUSE ENTERED FOR THE MEDAL
- FULL NAME, ADDRESS OF ARCHITECT / PRACTICE AND DATE OF PRACTICE FORMATION
- DATE OF PRACTICAL COMPLETION
- CONTRACT VALUE
- DESCRIPTION OF THE HOUSE (up to 500 words)
- PHOTOGRAPHER’S DETAILS